Friday 14 April 2017

Day 0 - The test results

So today, after 18 months of trying to conceive, I picked up the results of my sperm test.

They're not great;



0% Normal morphology. Zero. The doctor said he's only ever seen one other case like it.

Diagnosis; Severe Teratozoospermia, technically I'm totally infertile.

The doctor informs me Teratozoospermia (aka Teratospermia) is a condition whereby the sperm are simply unable to penetrate the egg due to their shape. In my case the heads are either too big, too small, too long or too short, and the egg just wont allow it. Theres a video on this website which better explains things, anything below 4% morphology and you are classed as having Teratozoospermia.

As things currently stand, 0% morphology suggests i have literally zero chance of getting my wife pregnant, and this thought genuinely saddens me to my very core.

But I've decided I'm not going to sit here and cry about it, I'm going to research the hell out of this condition and I'm going to try and fix it.

I've searched around the internet and cant find much about Teratozoospermia, there're a few websites that provide more information on the condition, but not much support out there from the male perspective (as far as i can see so far anyway). So i figure I'd start a blog to detail my journey. If i happen to stumble across a regime or 'cure' which significantly improves my morphology i figure its best to share it with the world.

The doctor has given me some advice on improving my sperm morphology, and wants to see me again in 3 months for a retest. He said there are a few ray's of hope on my results; The motility (51%) and the volume (437 million) is quite good. Theres a chance a few of my guys are making it to the egg on a regular basis, they just cant crack it.

But If i can get the morphology up to just 1%, that equates to a whopping 4.37 million normal sperm, and our chances of successfully conceiving go up dramatically.

So that's my target, 1%.

















1 comment:

  1. It is a joyful thing to have a table surround by our kids in our home, all thanks to doctor Uduehi. I suffered ZERO SPERM COUNT ( AZOOSPERMIA) for a very long time until I red about how he cured someone who experienced similar problem, at first i wasn't sure if he's real because I have tried so many medications and it was all to no avail but I have to give it a try hence no more hope. But behold after taking his medication for one month, I became fertile, my SPERM COUNT risen from zero to 14 million plus and after 2 weeks it became 18 million. All thanks to Dr. UDUEHI for his good work, you too can be cured reach him at: uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com phone/WhatsaPP: +2347084878384

    ReplyDelete